Forms, Maps & Ordinances
Under Maine law, certain classes of property are tax exempt by law.
- Homestead Exemption -This program provides a measure of property tax relief for certain individuals that have owned homestead property in Maine for at least 12 months and make the property they occupy on April 1st their permanent residence. Property owners would receive an exemption of $20,000.
- Veteran Exemption – A veteran who served during a recognized war period and is 62 years or older; or, is receiving 100% disability as a Veteran; or, became 100% disabled while serving, is eligible for $6,000.
- Download and complete the appropriate form for the exemption you are claiming, and bring it to the town office with any required supporting documents. This link will provide you with the most updated form and answers to your questions. maine.gov/revenue/propertytax/exemptions
- Building Permit Application for Building / Land Use Permit Residential Use Only
- Shoreland Permit Application for Shoreland Zoning Permit
- HHE-211 Internal Plumbing Application FORM
- maine.gov/vital-records/forms Link to Maine.gov for forms required to obtain copies of vital records (birth, death, adoption, marriage, divorce)
CODES AND ORDINANCES
- 2017 Ordinance Prohibiting Retail Marijuana Establishments and Retail Marijuana Social Clubs adopted November 2, 2017
- 911 PDF Sullivan’s 911 Street Name Ordinance, amended June 26, 2002
- Appeals PDF Sullivan’s Appeals Board Ordinance, adopted June 25, 2018; effective July 1, 2018.
- Dog PDF Sullivan’s Barking Ordinance, adopted June 30, 2003
- Bldg PDF Sullivan’s Building Code Ordinance, amended June 24, 2013
- CablePDF Sullivan’s Cable Television Rate Regulation Ordinance, approved February 9, 1994
- CulvertsPDF Sullivan’s Ordinance, Regulating Installation of Culverts, amended June 26, 1995
- EMR PDF Sullivan’s Emergency Management Response Ordinance, adopted June 30, 1997
- Fire PDF Sullivan’s Municipal Fire and Rescue Department Ordinance, revised June 25, 2012
- HarborPDF Sullivan’s Harbor Ordinance, amended June 26, 2017, includes Sullivan Harbor, Flanders Bay, Taunton Bay, maps plus Application and Permit forms for boat moorings.
- Junk PDF Sullivan’s Ordinance Regulating the Establishment / Operation of Junk Yards / Automobile Grave Yards and the Storage / Disposal of Garbage and Junk
- NoisePDF Sullivan’s Ordinance Prohibiting Unnecessary Noises, adopted March 14, 1983
- PlanBoard Sullivan’s Municipal Planning Board Ordinance, amended June 26, 2006
- RV, Campground, Mobile Home PDF Sullivan’s Recreational Vehicle, Campground and Mobile Home Ordinance, adopted June 13, 1988
- Rental Sullivan’s Rental Housing Ordinance, amended June 29, 2009
- Shellfish Frenchman’s Bay Regional Shellfish Commission for the municipalities of Ellsworth, Franklin, Hancock, Lamoine, Sorrento, Sullivan and Trenton revised February 23, 2017.
- Shore Zone PDF Sullivan’s Shoreland Zoning Ordinance, amended June 29, 2009
- Maine’s Citizen Guide to Shoreland Zoning: https://www.maine.gov/dep/land/slz/citizenguide.pdf
- Sign PDF Sullivan’s Sign Ordinance, amended June 26, 2017
- SWDPDF Sullivan’s Solid Waste Disposal Ordinance, adopted June 26, 1995
- SpAmPDF Sullivan’s Special Amusement Ordinance, amended June 26, 1995
- Sub PDF Sullivan’s Subdivision Ordinance, amended June 26, 2017, major revision
- WirelessPDF Sullivan’s Wireless Telecommunications Facilities Siting Ordinance, adopted May 3, 2001
- 2017 Tax Name 2017 Sullivan Tax Commitment by last name
- 2017 Tax ML 2017 Sullivan Tax Commitment by map / lot numbers
- Maps are courtesy of the Hancock County Planning Commission and are also posted at hcpcme.org
- Sullivan Tax Maps
- Annotated Tax Map (5 MB PDF with embedded data Circ. 2002)
- Gordon’s Pier Site overlay map and concept design (1 MB PDF 4/28/10)
- Sullivan Harbors and Waterfronts Map – Low Resolution (1.2 MB PDF 4/28/10)
- Sullivan Harbors and Waterfronts Map – High Resolution (5.6 MB PDF 4/28/10)
- Wetlands and IWWH Shorezones (450K PDF Revised: 11/23/09)
Photo credits, this page. © Christopher Mace, All Rights Reserved.