Calendar / Events
The Town has a number of meetings open to the public each month, including the selectmen’s, school committee and planning board meetings. We invite you to become familiar with local government, the services provided, and the opportunities for citizen participation.
- Select Board meetings are held monthly at 5:00pm on the second & fourth Monday of each month, excluding holidays. Special Budget and Select Board meeting to be held Monday, June 5th, 2023 to approve FY23/24 Budget and Warrant. 6.05.23 Agenda for Select Board Meeting
- Planning Board meets every month, generally the 2nd Thursday of the month – see 2022/2023 schedule for Planning Board Meetings, Submittal Deadline, and Notice Dates, as attached. Sullivan PB 2023 Schedule Please submit a sketch plan (preferred) or completed Site Plan Review / Subdivision Application to the Sullivan Town Office by listed dates. All plans received by listed dates will be put on the agenda for the corresponding meeting.
- Budget / Finance Committee meetings are held on Tuesdays of each month at the Town Office, as needed. Meetings are scheduled as follows: Budget Committee meeting, 1:00pm on June 5, 2023
- Annual Town Meeting is held annually at the Sorrento Sullivan Recreation Center at 7:00pm on June 26th, 2023. Copies of the annual report are available at the Town Office prior to the annual meeting. FYI: MMA Citizens Guide to Town Meeting
- Voting for local town officials is done on the day of town meeting, June 26, 2023 from 1:00pm-6:00pm at the Sullivan Town Office. All State and Federal elections are held at the Sullivan Town Office.
- Frenchman Bay Library: Meet the 5 Candidates for Select Board forum at Sorrento-Sullivan Recreation Center on June 21, 2023, at 6pm.
- RSU24 School committee and budget meetings are posted on the RSU#24 website: http://www.rsu24.org
- RSU24 2023-2024 budget vote scheduled for May 24, 2023 at 6:30pm at Mountain View School
- RSU24 2023-2024 budget confirmation vote scheduled for June 13, 2023 8am-8pm at Town Office.
- Age-Friendly Sullivan meets the 1st Wednesday of each month 9am-10am at the Town Office. workgroups and committee meetings are posted on the Age-Friendly Sullivan Facebook page FYI.
- NEW: Infrastructure Committee scheduled for May 31, 2023, 6:30pm at Sullivan Town Office – Volunteers wanted.
- NEW: Communications Committee – Volunteers wanted.
- NEW: Ordinances Committee – Volunteers wanted.
- Sullivan Daze is our annual all-day festival held on the first Saturday in August in Sumner Park. Coordinated by the volunteer firefighters of Sullivan, this celebration includes a parade down Taunton Drive, activities in Sumner Park and concludes with fireworks over Taunton Bay.
Photo credits, this page: © Paul Breeden, All Rights Reserved.